Let’s face it—sometimes doctors just aren’t paying attention when they write their orders! We asked our Facebook fans for the worst orders they’ve ever read, and the results were so hilarious, we had to do it again! Read on for 10 more of the worst orders you’ve ever read and be ready to LOL!
1. “Buy her diet cookies” with the phone number of cookies retailer….
2. From a surgeon who didn’t want to be awakened at night: “Do the right thing.”
—Kathryn Dickinson Breinholt
3. “Undress patient. Put in room.” So I’m supposed to undress the patient in the waiting room with no gown and THEN put him in a room?!?
4. “2 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups QHS as needed.”
5. “Show whoever put this chart together how to do it properly.”
—Allyson Sambach Velovich
6. “Find patient STAT!” (I’m serious—this is an order from our ER physician if the patient is not in the room when he walks in to see the patient!)
7. “Do not disturb patient while masturbating—for the safety of all!”
8. From an intern who blindly checked every box of the admitting orders: “Urine pregnancy test” (on a teenage male).
9. I worked on an adolescent chemical dependency unit, and one of the kids was being quite challenging that morning when the doc was there making rounds. He wrote an order for that teen to have only bread and water for 24 hours, and if behavior improved, may have general diet.
—Paula Hendricks Trone
10. “Insert new Foley—remove old one first.” Duh!
—Jennifer Golden Swift
What’s the worst order you’ve ever read?