10 more of the worst scrubs fashion blunders you’ve ever seen!
Scrubs: They’re easy to wear, comfortable and come in about every color and print you could possibly imagine. All good things! But with that easy wearability comes some… err… interesting (and, okay, very funny) fashion moments.
We asked our Funny Nurses Facebook fans for the worst scrubs fashion blunders they’ve ever seen…check out their hilarious “oops” moments below! (Special thanks to the brave souls who were willing to call out their own fashion blunders in the name of honesty!)
1. My favorite collegiate team’s colors are black and orange. My mother once surprised me with a pair of homemade bright orange scrubs. I looked like I escaped from the local prison!!!
2. Sometimes butt crack is inevitable. Most of us can understand that. But when you’re walking down the hall…NOT bending over…and I still see half your crack, it’s time to go up a size in your scrubs.
3. I worked on postpartum and we had to wear scrubs with snaps all the way down. I was entering a patient’s room and the door handle caught my top and opened the whole thing when I walked in. Her husband just stood there with his mouth open and so did I! I hurriedly grabbed my top and exited the room. I was so embarrassed I had another nurse go in for me–I would not go back for in the rest of the night!
4. I actually once had a set of camouflage scrubs. Tops AND bottoms. I looked ridiculous (IF you could SEE ME, LOL).
5. People who tuck their scrubs tops into their pants.
—Jean Lynam Kepple
6. A male nurse not wearing underwear under his scrubs! Let’s just say nothing was left to the imagination…I had a very awkward shift! LOL
7. My friend always gives me the scrubs that she doesn’t wear anymore and a couple of years ago, she gave me this hideous scrub top that had FLAMINGOS on it. Not just one, but the whole print was flamingos! I asked her what the heck she had it for and she didn’t miss a beat and said, “It’s for Hawaiian day.” If they ever have it, then I had the shirt! Needless to say, I never wore it.
8. Saw a tech whose scrubs were wrinkled and covered (and I do mean covered) in pet hair. Came in to the elevator one morning when I was on the way to clinical. How sanitary could that be?
—Mindy Capps Fichtenmayer
9. I always carry an extra pair of scrubs in my car in case of an accident. One day that accident happened…I was wearing purple scrubs and didn’t care what color my undies were. Well, my extra scrubs were white…so I went through the day with everyone seeing my bright green boxers that said “I love boys” in big black letters!
—Stephanie Eva Morphyades
10. The butt seam that just won’t stretch anymore. It’s pretty bad when you break through the first set of stitching and are working on the incredibly obvious holes that grow with each shift!
— Corbie Hadley