10 more phrases nurses say the most
How do you KNOW you’re a nurse? Let’s face it: you’ll never hear a plumber or accountant say any of these things…
10. To a doctor: “Are you sure you want to (fill in the blank)?” It’s the nicest way we have of telling somebody, “You’ve made a really huge mistake here and I’m trying to let you know gently.”
9. “You’ll feel a little pinch.” Really? If I stick a needle through somebody’s hide, they won’t feel a pinch. They’ll feel a needle puncturing them.
8. “You’re not going to die.” Unsaid: “Because that’s too much paperwork for me.”
7. “Take a deeeeep breath.” Which, as we all know, never, ever helps.
6. “Drink this.” Just like Alice in Wonderland.
5. “My patient just (whatever) and I need a new pair of scrubs.”
4. “Keep this alcohol wipe balanced on the end of your nose.” No, it’s not a circus act. It helps with nausea.
3. To a complete stranger: “You have gorgeous veins.” (Or am I the only one who does that?)
2. “One…two…THREE!” (This is a multi-use phrase.)
1. “My hands used to look so nice.”
For 10 more phrases nurses say ALL the time, click here!
SEE MORE IN:
Fun & Humor
Agatha Lellis is a nurse whose coffee is brought to her every morning by a chipmunk. Bluebirds help her to dress, and small woodland creatures sing her to sleep each night. She writes a monthly advice column, "Ask Aunt Agatha," here on Scrubs; you can send her questions to be answered at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Agatha Lellis