10 MORE ways you know you’re a night shift nurse!
How do you KNOW you’re a night shift nurse? Well, if you’re anything like our Funny Nurses Facebook fans, you exhibit one (or all!) of these telltale signs!
You know you’re a night shift nurse when…
1. You have blackout curtains on your bedroom windows.
— Charlene CM
2. A night shift joy: ice cold beer at 8 AM while sitting on the porch getting dirty looks from those who don’t know you just got off a long shift. LOL!
3. You have a specific blend of coffee that’s different from the day shift and if the day shift tried it, they would think you’re drinking mud!
— Bryanna Cross
6. Wheelchair and gurney races! They are the most fun if it’s snowing or icy. Ummmmmm…so I’ve heard. LOL!
— Terri Arrgh
7. When you know the only stores open at 7 AM are Walmart and Home Depot!
8. If you have to scavenge through the first and second shift leftovers in the kitchen for supper. Or if you have to search the hospital for the house supervisor to get the keys to get some diet jello for a patient (who went back to sleep before you ever got to the elevator in the first place).
9. Running into my husband at the gas station on the way home as he is on the way to work. Nice surprise morning kiss.
10. Chocolate is a required food group and we have rather warped senses of humor!
What would you add to the list, night shift nurses?