16 sure signs that you’re a nurse
How do you know you’re a nurse? Here are 16 surefire ways to tell!
1. When you show up to work on your off day for a 7 a.m. mandatory meeting:
2. When you arrive at work the next day, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed:
3. Two minutes later…when things get real and you start to regret your decision to get out of bed:
4. When the attending physician writes an order that makes absolutely no sense, no matter how many times you read it:
5. When your patient starts having family drama and you wonder if anyone remembers you’re still in the room:
6. When you try to send secret messages to your nurse buddy without anyone else seeing:
7. When you realize that you’ll never get used to smelling C. diff. Never:
Click below to view the next page!
8. When you’re overwhelmed and the charge nurse tries to assign you “just ONE more” patient:
9. When you hand over a patient to the incoming nurse and neglect to mention that he/she is a complete train wreck:
10. When you accidentally let unpleasant thoughts slip out of your mouth (hey, it happens when you’re hungry and sleep-deprived!):
11. When a patient starts a sentence with “Well, WebMD said…”:
12. When you start to wonder what will make you snap first, hunger or fatigue:
13. When you finish your shift, but lack the energy to make it out of the front door on your own:
14. When you get home and try to make sense of your day:
15. When you wake up the next morning and realize that you have to do it ALL over again:
16. When you remember that you’re an amazing nurse and no matter what you go through, it’s ALL worth it!