Having one of those moments? One of those days? One of those months?
How about a little inspiration to help soothe your soul?
For the new nurse:
- “What you do not keep in your head you will keep in your feet.” (Unknown)
- “Haters will broadcast your failure, but whisper your success.” (Unknown)
- “There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don’t allow yourself to become one of them.” (Anon)
- “It’s not about ‘having’ the time. It’s about ‘making’ the time.” (Unknown)
- “It’s not who you are that holds you back. It’s who you think you’re not.” (Anon)
For the (jaded) staff nurse:
- “A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t go anywhere without changing it.” (Unknown)
- “Times will never get better unless you make them better.” (Unknown)
- “Be sure to taste your words before you spit them out.” (Unknown)
- “Don’t raise your voice. Improve your argument.” (Anon)
- “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
For the student who feels broken down:
- “Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second.” (William James)
- “Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.” (George S. Patton)
- “Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong.” (Peter T. McIntyre)
- “You’re not as breakable as you think.” (Anon)
- “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” (Anon)
For our patients:
- “Are you listening, or waiting to speak?” (Anon)
- “The word ‘listen’ contains the same letters as the word ‘silent.’” (Alfred Brendel)
- “The beeping noise from a microwave is always 100 times louder at night.” (Unknown)
- “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” (Unknown)
- “Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching?” (Dennis and Wendy Mannering)
Just remember why we do what we do. I think the great Maya Angelou said it best: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
What’s your favorite inspiring quote?
For more Inspiration and Stories pick up the latest issue of Scrubs magazine, available at a retail store near you!