5 mistakes to avoid in your nursing education
Anyone who has completed nursing school can tell you where they have floundered in their education. These could be big mistakes (the school they chose) or small mistakes (“boy, I didn’t read that instructor very well”). Here are five tips to help you side-step the most common pitfalls.
- Gain some first hand knowledge of the field before choosing it as a career path
- Make a careful assessment of your short- and long-term career goals
- Go straight through to higher degrees if your goal is set there
- Avoid changing schools and leaving too much time between achieving goals
- Accept that nursing school will be a MAJOR part of your life