Apps for nurses: Skyscape
Over on our Facebook page, we’ve got a conversation brewing about the best nursing related phone apps. One of the nominees for best app is Skyscape, a free medical resource that is an “invaluable clinical decision-support tool that helps you find the right answers, right away.” The main app is free and is a gateway to several different tools (outlined below), along with options to buy other integrated premium apps and books. It’s used by 2.4 million healthcare providers!
What nurses love about it:
“Wonderful app for me at work as an RN. I can find all the latest and oldest medications and learn how to administer them safely and professionally.” – Michael, Skyscape testimonials
“As a nursing student, the rxDrug app is awesome. Thanks.” – Cheryl, Google Play reviews
Learn more about the app:
- RxDrugs: All you need to know about prescriptions, both name brand and generics. Figure out what the pills look like, how different medications will work together and how it will work out with information from 5,000 health plans in all 5o states!
- Archimedes: Choose from more than 200 tools to help you avoid having to make time-consuming calculations.
- Outlines in Clinical Medicine: An outline of health topics, backed up with evidence.
- MedAlert: Receive notifications about all the latest, greatest, and most current information.
- Through partnerships with more than 50 publishers and content providers, Skyscape offers a list of the most trusted medical resources. See popular resources here.
- Available on multiple mobile platforms, including: iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch), Android and Blackberry.
- Multiple modes of customer support are available at all times to help you out!
- Features include SmartLink, Skyscape’s proprietary cross-reference functionality; medical calculators; algorithms; interactive images; flowcharts; and frequent content updates.
What do you think? Would you use an app like this? Are you already a fan? We’d love to hear what applications you’re currently using and loving. Please drop us a line in the comments and let us know a few of your favorites!
Did you know that Scrubs has an app? Download the Code Happy app and start connecting with other nurses!