13 Things That Only A Nurse Would Do
Part three to “You Know You’re a Nurse When…” article.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so during Nurses Week 2016, we asked our Funny Nurses family to fill in the blank after “You know you’re a NURSE when…” (above) and we got some pretty great responses! We think you’ll relate – see below:
You know you’re a NURSE when…
1. You think all patients need TLC: Thorazine, Lorazepam, Compazine.
2. You’ve told stories at a restaurant and someone from the table barfed.
3. You’ve basted a turkey with a Toomey syringe.
4. You check out veins of people everywhere you go, and you’re not shy about it.
5. Most everything is humorous… eventually.
6. You fantasize about meeting the inventor of the call light in a dark alley.
7. You consider microwaved popcorn a hot meal.
8. You rattle when you walk because of all the scissors, clamps, and pens you carry.
9. You have considered calling out sick, simply because it’s a full moon. – Elizabeth McEwan
10. You check the fall prone status of friends. – Cathy Zeigler
11. When passing silverware like they are medical instruments. – Janet Ledieff
12. When you use a flush to clean your contacts. – Shonda Ayars-Sanders
13. You’re texting and you want to use your medical terminology as shorthand in your texts to make it faster!! – Amy K. Hicks
See the original Facebook post here for some more relatable laughs, groans, and sighs!