Party Like It’s Nurses Week 2017!
Every year, from May 6-12, it’s time to celebrate the best people on the planet — nurses, of course! And I’m not just saying that, nurses are consistently rated as the most honest and ethical of all professions, according to Gallup’s annual poll.
As the often unsung and underappreciated heroes of healthcare, nurses deserve so much more than a mere week of love. So, that’s why we’re making the very most of this party while we can over at WeLoveOurNurses.com — a site solely dedicated to celebrating Nurses Week and honoring nurses.
In honor of the upcoming celebration, here are a few fun facts about the history of Nurses Week:
- National Nurses Week was first celebrated in 1954 from October 11-16, in observance of the 100th anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s mission to Crimea.
- In 1955, Congress introduced a bill to create a “National Nurse Week,” but the bill was stalled.
- President Nixon was the first to proclaim a “National Nurse Week” in 1974.
- In 1993, the American Nurses Association Board of Directors voted to make it official, designating May 6-12 as the permanent dates for observing National Nurses Week from 1994 on.
- The annual Nurses Week celebration culminates on Friday, May 12th, which is International Nurses Day and the birthday of iconic RN Florence Nightingale.
That was then, this is now. And now, we party in honor of nurses everywhere!
Here are some details about the festivities at WeLoveOurNurses.com:
“So Much Love in the Scrubs” Music Video Nurse Tribute
Because nurses make such a great muse, musician C. Young created a very special jam honoring nurses everywhere. This week and always, we have so much love for the scrubs. This video is just one way for us to express our heartfelt gratitude for everything nurses do for their patients and the healthcare field in general.
Nurses Week 2017 Spotify Playlist
What’s a party without great music? Well, just a way less cool party, basically. To make sure this celebration is truly off the chain, here’s a special Nurses Week 2017 playlist on Spotify that is sure to keep the good times rolling in style. Go ahead — dance like no one is watching!
“What Kind of Party Are You?” Quiz
As we party hearty, you can take this quiz to answer the long-burning question: What kind of party are you anyway?! BONUS: Taking the quiz is how you get entered to win one of 50 totally awesome party favors — er, prizes — including:
- Thirty $50 Amazon Gift Cards
- Five Amazon Tap Alexa-Enabled Portable Bluetooth Speakers
- Three Apple iPad Mini 2s
- Three Pizza Parties Catered in for You and Your Unit
- Three $120 Alegria Shoes Gift Cards
- Three $60 Wonder Wink Scrubs Gift Cards
- Three $25 Sockwell Socks Gift Cards
6th Annual Nurses of Tomorrow Scholarship Contest
Nursing school is where the healthcare professional party gets started! That is why this annual contest supports the development of the next generation of Nurse leaders and educators. Three lucky undergraduate Nurse Scholars will each win $2,000 to offset their education costs. It’s like a party in your bank account!
Click here to learn more and to enter the 6th Annual Nurses of Tomorrow Scholarship Contest. Be sure to share this incredible opportunity with the nursing students in your life!
Shareable Nurses Week eCards
Bring the Nurses Week party to social media and beyond with three exclusive shareable eCards! You can download or post the eCards to your Facebook page or share them to your nurse friends and co-workers’ walls, too.
WeLoveOurNurses.com is presented by Medical Solutions, a Travel Nurse staffing company that was named one of Staffing Industry Analysts’ 2017 “Best Staffing Firms to Work For.” We help hospitals maintain safe nurse to patient ratios and assist adventurous nurses in forging the career path of their dreams. However, you need not be a Travel Nurse to join the celebration — all are welcome!
Meet us over at WeLoveOurNurses.com and let’s get this party started.
Happy Nurses Week to all!
SEE MORE IN: