Round up: How to deal with nightmare patients
A couple of weeks back, we did a round up on dealing with troublesome coworkers and mentioned that the good thing about a tough patient is that they’re (hopefully) in the hospital for a short time. Their annoying behavior has an expiration date.
That being said, some patients do hang around longer than others, and even a few hours with a toughie can be enough to drive you crazy. Here’s a round up of our best articles on dealing with these nightmare patients. Oh, the joys!
HOW TO DEAL:
- …with an alcoholic patient
- …with strange patient superstitions
- Video: A skit about difficult patients
- 10 best responses to annoying patients
- 10 things you wish your patients would stop doing
THEIR STRANGE WAYS:
ON THE BRIGHT SIDE:
What would you add to our tips? Share your own advice for dealing with tough patients!