Special nurse days in July!
Summer is in full swing, and boy oh boy, is it hot out! So why don’t you take a moment to relax, cool off and celebrate YOU this month! Check out the special days that acknowledge nurses in July (and enjoy a sweet treat in honor of Chocolate Day while you’re at it!).
- July 1, 1949: The Air Force Nurse Corps was established.
- July 13, 1925: Pioneering nursing theorist Madeleine Leininger, who developed the concept of transcultural nursing, was born.
- July 17, 1887: Dorothea Dix died.
- July 27, 1841: Linda Richards, the first professionally trained American nurse, was born.
Circle these dates
- July 2–9: Nurses in Staff Development Week
- July 7: Chocolate Day (no excuses for not celebrating this one!)
- July 8–14: National Therapeutic Recreation Week
- July 14: Pandemonium Day (cross your fingers your shift isn’t bonkers!)
Articles you might enjoy:
- Sketch therapy: Healing patients through art
- 15 CRAZY minutes in my workday. How does yours compare?
- 5 age-fighting power foods and nutrients