Welcome to Scrubsmag.com! Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using our site. By continuing to use this site, you agree to abide, and that you are bound, by these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and you agree (including by virtue of continued site use) to be bound by any such changes. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features or functionality (including, without limitation, video and other related projects) that enhance our site shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
1. Disclaimer. The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Strategic Communications does not endorse or warrant any product, service or Content contained in this Site. This Site is not intended to render medical advice nor be a resource for medical diagnosis.
You agree that by using this Site, you will assume sole responsibility to exercise your own judgment when participating in any activity, relying on any Content, or otherwise using any feature on the Site, and we disclaim all responsibility for any advice, suggestions, courses of action, instruction or Content provided on this Site, including without limitation, Content provided by third parties. Further, you should not rely upon claims of qualifications or other authoritative assertions made therein.
2. Nature of Services. Our Site contains a variety of online communications tools and services including articles, information, suggestions, editorial, surveys, quizzes and other types of features at no charge to you. We make no warranty regarding the quality or availability of the Site, and we reserve the right to suspend, modify or terminate access to the Site at any time and without notice. You agree that Company will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or termination of the Site, including, without limitation, loss of data, personal settings or other foreseeable or unforeseeable damages related thereto.
4. Trademarks. All of the trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed on this Site (the “Trademarks”) are registered and unregistered trademarks of Strategic Communications, its affiliates, or third parties. Nothing in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right in and to the Trademarks without our express written permission or the express written permission of the applicable third party. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, any use of the Trademarks is expressly prohibited.
5. Usage Rules. We reserve the right to deny you access to any and all parts of this Site and suspend or terminate your account, for any reason or no reason, and at our sole discretion. The following rules shall govern your conduct regarding the use of the Site.
(c) Prohibition on Use by Minors Under The Age of 13. This Site is intended for an adult audience in the nursing profession and CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SUBMIT ANY PERSONAL DATA OR UNSOLICITED INFORMATION.
(d) Unauthorized access. You shall not permit any other person (other than an agent acting on your behalf and subject to your direct supervision) to access the Site using your account for any purpose.
(e) Interference with Other Users’ Use. You shall not interfere with other users’ use of the Site, including, without limitation, disrupting, spamming or otherwise using abusive tactics to deter others from using the Site.
(h) Harmful Code. You may not post or transmit any file to this Site or to any other user which contains viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive code.
(i) Abusive Conduct. You shall not upload, post, email, link to, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, abusive, hateful, vulgar, indecent, obscene, lewd, lascivious, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or promoting racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
(j) Unsolicited Communications Prohibited. You may not post or transmit charity requests, petitions for signatures, chain letters or letters relating to pyramid schemes. You may not post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials or any other solicitation of other users to use goods or services.
(k) Other Prohibited Activities. You agree not to use the Site (or assist or encourage others to use the Site) in order to:
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass any person, or contact any person who has requested not to be contacted;
- Exploit people in a sexual or violent manner;
- Solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- Solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- Impersonate another person or entity, whether or not a user of the Site;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any communications that provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels stating the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is posted;
- Promote, engage or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, disruptive commercial messages, false or misleading information or any other form of solicitation;
- Attempt to sell, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, frame, decrypt, decompile, create derivative works of or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose the Site, any portions thereof (including the Content), or any systems of Strategic Communications or its affiliated organizations without Strategic Communications’ prior written consent;
- Do anything that may interfere with the operation of the Site, including, but not limited to, hacking, spamming and flood attacking;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- Attempt to harvest, scrape, copy or otherwise collect information, or Content from the Site, to retrieve or index any portion of the Site or collect information about other users for any purpose not expressly authorized by Company, including, without limitation, republishing the same on a third party website, either manually or through any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, site search/retrieval application, intelligent agents or other device);
- Access content or data not intended for you, or log onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- Create user accounts by automated means, or under false or fraudulent pretenses; or provide false, misleading or inaccurate information to Company or any other user;
- Impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- Use “ad blocking” software or similar built-in web browser options designed to hide, block or prevent the proper display of online advertising (if any) while using the Site;
- Modify or change the placement and location of any advertisement, if any, while using the Site;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about other Site users, including email addresses, passwords, user names and phone numbers;
- Use the Site to solicit or recruit other users to another Site; or
- Cover or obscure the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any Company page via HTML/CSS or any other means.
Any violation of this section may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability. Additionally, if you commit any of the above, Company may, in its sole discretion, and without limiting any of their other remedies, terminate your ability to use the Site.
Although Company cannot monitor the conduct of its users off the website, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our users from such advertising or solicitation, Company reserves the right to restrict the number of system-generated emails which a user may send to other users in any 24-hour period to a number which Company deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
b. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND ALL OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE AVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE, LACK OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES, OR ANY FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE SITE OR ACCESS THERETO BY USERS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, VALIDITY, COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF THE CONTENT. ALTHOUGH WE MAY UPDATE THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE FROM TIME TO TIME, PLEASE NOTE THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN MAY BE OUT OF DATE AND/OR MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. WAIVER, RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT NONE OF THE PROTECTED PARTIES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY OR INDEMNITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE. YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST THE PROTECTED PARTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS BASED UPON THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE PROTECTED PARTIES) FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES YOU SUSTAIN IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPH, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE PROTECTED PARTIES, IF ANY, FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY YOU SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AGGREGATE OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00) (USD). IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE PROTECTED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE ARISING FROM ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT EVEN IF THE PROTECTED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NONE OF PROTECTED PARTIES WILL BE LIABLE OR HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY KIND FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGE OR DESTRUCTION OF DATA, THAT AND DAMAGES OR LOSSES YOU INCUR IN THE EVENT OF ANY FAILURE OR INTERRUPTION OF THIS SITE OR OUR EQUIPMENT, OR RESULTING FROM THE ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS SITE AVAILABLE TO YOU OR COLLECTING THE DATA CONTAINED THEREIN, OR FROM ANY OTHER CAUSE RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SITE, OR THE CONTENT WHETHER OR NOT THE CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CAUSE MAY HAVE BEEN WITHIN THE CONTROL OF ANY OF THE PROTECTED PARTIES.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AS SET FORTH ABOVE, SO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION DOES NOT APPLY TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE, FOR ANY REASON, THAN UNDER THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY AND DAMAGE EXCLUSION SHALL ONLY BE RESTRICTED OR DIMINISHED TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO BE LEGALLY ENFORCEABLE. IF ANY REMEDY HEREUNDER IS DETERMINED TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL REMAIN IN EFFECT.
9. Third Party Rights. The provisions of paragraphs 7 (Indemnification) and 8 (Waiver, Release and Limitation of Liability) are for the benefit of the Protected Parties. Each of the Protected Parties shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.