Top 10 reasons to love being a NICU nurse
iStock | praisaeng
Do you regularly see your patients and their families leave the hospital grinning from ear to ear with love and excitement?
You must be a NICU nurse!
Here are lots of other reasons to love the profession.
Top 10 reasons to love being a NICU Nurse
10. Babies weigh less and are easier to turn.
9. Your patients cannot curse you (at least not that you can understand).
8. The diapers are smaller.
7. Babies don’t get up and walk at two in the morning.
6. When you walk in to an exposed booty, you smile and say, “How cute!”
5. Your patients stay where you put them.
4. Emesis can usually be cleaned up with a single washcloth.
3. Quiet time.
2. You get to watch in awe as mother and father hold baby for the first time.
1. You get to see your patients and their families leave the hospital grinning ear to ear with love, anticipation, excitement and nervousness!
This list is by Julie, RN.