School just got back in session…but are you already feeling a bit burned out? We feel ya. Nursing school definitely is not for the faint of heart! There will undoubtedly be times when discouragement, frustration, and even exhaustion will threaten to take hold and get the best of you during these times. While constant attention to your studies is important as a major factor of success, remember that even the most successful people face many ups and downs, victories and defeats as they go through nursing school.
Sometimes, all it takes is a little encouragement for nursing students to pick themselves (or fellow students) back up and keep going towards the goal of being an amazing nurse. A little reminder every now and again can be a powerful tool in the journey of becoming a good nurse.
Nursing student quotes may be just the thing you need.
While we can’t go to clinicals for you or help you get more sleep at night (sorry!), we can give you that little motivational quote when you need it most. Write down your favorites and keep them in your pocket during difficult times, or jot them down as notes in your phone, laptop, or tablet so they are always at the ready when you need them in the future. Maybe you’ll need something just before assisting an operation by a surgeon or some other major operation you’ll be involved in. Need a funny nursing quote? Maybe a quote to remind you that nurses are the heart of healthcare is in order. Refresh your spirits with these 10 inspiring nursing student quotes!
- “The test of a vocation is the love of the drudgery it involves.” – Logan Pearsall Smith
- “If you wait to do everything until you’re sure it’s right, you’ll probably never do much of anything.” – Win Borden
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” – John C. Maxwell
- “It’s okay to learn from every experience, and it’s okay to make mistakes.” – Louise Hay
- “I attribute my success to this—I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – John Powell
- “Your vision of where or who you want to be is the greatest asset you have. Without having a goal it’s difficult to score.” – Paul Arden
- “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” – Gail Devers
Leave your own favorite inspirational quotes for nursing students in the comments below. We’d also love to hear your own bits of wisdom and advice for soon-to-be nurses!