Wishing your next day off was a little sooner? Imagining a marvelous tropical vacation in the spring (hey, we can dream!)? You don’t have to tell us twice: Nurses work HARD…and sometimes you just need a break!
We asked our Funny Nurses Facebook fans for the telltale signs they know they need a break (more coffee, anyone?). Read on for their funny responses and share your own in the comments below!
You know you need a spring vacation when…
1. I walk into the elevator, the doors close and I forget to push the button!
2. I answer my cell phone with my work voice telling the caller the unit I work on, my name, and “How may I help you?” And then realizing I’m standing in my living room.
3. You click the button on your car keys and wait for your office door to open.
— Caren S.
4. I sent a text, then held the phone to my ear and wondered why I didn’t hear any any ringing… *face palm*
5. I start to hear patient call bells while I’m at home.
6. You start calling coworkers by residents’ names! LOL!
7. You work 12 hours as a nurse taking care of people who have the flu only to come home to the same; then repeat! Arrgghhh!
8. I woke up one night at home wondering who the hell was ringing their bell before I realized it was my smoke detector indicating the battery was low.
9. I put my name as the patient on all the admission forms!
10. The coffee is no longer helping!!!
Nurses, what are the signs you’re ready for a break?