Sometimes at the end of a long shift, your head is ringing from all the beeping, pages and chatter you hear.
As an antidote to this ear fatigue, we at Scrubs have created a soothing playlist that we hope will help you release the stresses of your day. And every one of these songs was recommended by nurses.
So treat yourself and download one or all ten! Then take a deep breath, press play and relax.
- You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
- Say – John Mayer
- Somewhere in New Mexico – Jill Sobule
- Society – Eddie Vedder
- Walking in Memphis – Marc Cohn (or anything by Marc Cohn)
- Angel from Montgomery – Bonnie Raitt
- Good People – Jack Johnson
- When You Say Nothing at All – Alison Krauss
- Early Winter – Gwen Stefani
- The River of Dreams – Billy Joel
Listen to the playlist here:
And here are a few of our favorite relaxing albums:
Quiet Nights by Diana Krall
9 by Damien Rice
Love Is the Answer by Barbra Streisand
An Education OST by Various Artists
Want more? We’ve also created another fun playlist of songs to inspire you, comfort you, or just make you smile.
Thanks to the students at Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University, Kate Genovese, RN, Megan Gilbert, Student Nurse, April Chandler, RN, and Patrycja Mahdavi, Staff Nurse, for their help on this list. Have a relaxing song or album to recommend? Leave a comment here or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.