41. The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as the national accrediting body of nursing education programs of all types, oversees over 1,900 different programs.
42. “If you would live in health, be old early.” — a Spanish proverb.
43. Walt Whitman’s service as a nurse during the American Civil War inspired many of his poems, including Memoranda During the War (b. 1819 d. 1892).
44. According to the latest data available to the World Health Organization, the country of Nepal has the lowest ratio of nurses per capita in the world, with 5.0 per 100,000 people.
45. The first nursing school in history dates back to 250 B.C. and was located in India.
46. An associate’s degree in nursing (ADN) takes about 2 to 3 years to earn.
47. Clara Louise Maass is famous for serving as a contract nurse during the Spanish American War. (b. 1876 d. 1901).
48. The largest demand for licensed practical nurses through 2110 will be in nursing homes.
49. 17th century shipwreck survivor Juan de Mena is considered the first nurse in the New World.
50. The average starting wage for a certified registered nurse anesthetist is over $50,000.