61. Clara Barton founded the American Red Cross in 1881. (b. 1821 d. 1912).
62. A 1996 survey done by the Department of Health and Human Services found that 95% of all working nurses are female.
63. The U.S. Army Nurse Corp was started in 1901.
64. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, open wounds are the leading diagnosis for injury-related visits to emergency rooms.
65. Why did the nurse keep the bedpan in the refrigerator? Because when she kept it in the freezer it took too much skin off.
66. There were about 700,000 jobs for licensed practical nurses in the year 2000.
67. According to a recent World Health Organization report, the United States, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark and Germany, respectively, annually spend the most money per capita on health care.
68. About three out of every five registered nurses work in hospitals.
69. The fourth week of May is National Nurses Week.
70. There are more nurses than any other workers in the health profession.