71. “When a man is ill his very goodness is sickly.” Nietzsche, The Will to Power (1888).
72. A 1996 survey done by the Department of Health and Human Services found that only 10% of working nurses represent minorities.
73. There were 86 existing diploma for nursing programs in the U.S. in 2002, comprising 27% of all registered nurses.
74. You know you are a nurse when you think giving your patients TLC means giving them Thorazine, Lorazepam and Compazine.
75. The training time it takes to become a licensed practical nurse is about one year.
76. Traumatic wounds account for around 11 million visits to the emergency room each year.
77. The Canadian Victorian Order of Nurses was founded in 1897 in honor of Queen Victoria of England’s Diamond Jubilee.
78. Mary Todd Lincoln, the wife of Abraham Lincoln, was a volunteer nurse during the American Civil War (b. 1818 d. 1882).
79. There were about 2,200,000 jobs for registered nurses in the year 2000.
80. If you see a nurse smiling when things go wrong, she is probably going off duty.