Sure, nurses diagnose patients all the time…but have you ever felt like you needed to diagnose yourself? Sometimes your shift (or week, or month) is just that crazy!
We came up with 11 funny nurse diagnoses that don’t exist yet; we’ve got a feeling that you need to start diagnosing yourself and taking appropriate relief measures, STAT (chocolate, anyone?)!
11 nursing diagnoses that don’t exist…but ought to
1. Grumpiness, exacerbated by…
c. full bladder
d. all of the above
2. Stress Overload (this one actually does exist!)
3. Chocolate Deficit
4. Caffeine Deficit
5. Vacation Deficit
6. Irritation, secondary to fire drill called in the middle of a dressing change
7. Inadequate Ventilation (in the air-conditioner sense, not in the respiratory sense)
8. Incomplete Meal Consumption
9. Screeching Beeper
11. Risk for Impaired Interaction with Upper Management