Halloween’s almost here…are you and your coworkers ready to celebrate? Check out these ideas to help you plan a frightfully great (and, okay, hilarious) nursing Halloween party that’ll be the talk of the hospital for years to come.
Why do the same old boring “sexy nurse” thing? Why not put together a costume that’ll truly terrify your colleagues?
1. Put a tuxedo jacket and tie on over a hospital gown and bottoms: You’re a VIP patient!
2. Orange top, green pants, bits of brown fabric pinned here and there: You’re hospital cafeteria food! (Not appropriate for the faint-hearted.)
3. Dress in khakis and a button-down shirt (appropriate for men or women) and carry a notebook. Look interestedly at other people at the party. Listen in on conversations. Ask nosy questions. When asked, say you’re from the Joint Commission.
4. Put on a white lab coat and pin the July page from a calendar to your chest. Fill your pockets with notecards and look confused. Presto, you’re a new resident.
Make sure you provide food for your hungry guests:
5. Gingerbread men with limbs cut off or holes in their heads make a perfect hospital-themed snack.
6. Put out the usual bean dip, meat and cheese tray, and vegetables, but make sure everything’s
7. Serve tube-feeding trash can punch!
8. Brain gelatin molds are easy to come by and produce eerily realistic brains. You can also get brain-shaped ice cube trays: Perfect for your neuroscience pals.
And games! What party is complete without games?!
9. Pin the IV on the Impossible-to-Stick Patient.
10. A piñata shaped like a Press-Ganey comment card.
11. Bobbing for Raises: Write a dollar amount on each apple.
12. Spin the Urinal: The person the urinal faces has to make a short speech about professional development.