Whether you’re an palliative care nurse dealing with end-of-life care, or a nurse educator teaching the next generation of RNs, any job in nursing can be overwhelming and stressful. Learning how to manage stress and channel it through positive means is vital, not just for a successful career, but for your happiness and well-being too.
If you don’t take time to unwind, constant stress can lead to a number of physical and psychological problems, like poor concentration, depression, back pain and weight gain. It also weakens your immune system and increases your risk for cancer and cardiovascular disease.
That’s why NursingLink came up with these “22 different ways to de-stress without breaking the bank.” So hit pause, relax and indulge in some much needed (and affordable!) R&R. A hardworking nurse like you deserves it!
Here is the full list of ideas:
- Become a kid again
- Share your skills on your off-time
- Stretch, breathe, meditate
- Hang out with your funniest friend
- Visit the shooting range
- Exercise your inner artist
- Cook something amazing without grocery shopping
- Get back to basics and…hug a tree?
- Make your home a spa. Kind of.
- Get your adrenaline pumping
- Make to-do lists and start checking off items!
- Get a free or discounted massage
- Organize your living space
- Try some at-home (or in car) yoga
- Crank up the music and dance
- Build a garden
- Escape in the car
- Hit the library
- Grab that wrench and go at it
- Check out free community events
- Go on a picnic
And now…one by one…