Anyone who has completed nursing school can tell you where they have floundered in their education. These could be big mistakes (the school they chose)Â or small mistakes (“boy, I didn’t read that instructor very well”).Â Here are fiveÂ tips to help you side-step the most common pitfalls.
- Gain some first hand knowledge of the field before choosing it as a career path
- Make a careful assessment of your short- and long-term career goals
- Go straight through to higher degrees if your goal is set there
- Avoid changing schools and leaving too much time between achieving goals
- Accept that nursing school will be a MAJOR part of your life