Over on our Facebook page, we’ve got a conversation brewing about the best nursing related phone apps. One of the nominees for best app is AACN2Go, which, according to its website, “places at your fingertips essential resources from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, your trusted source in high acuity and critical care. AACN2Go keeps you up to date in a rapidly changing clinical world with easy access to solutions developed for you, your practice and your patients.”
What nurses love about it:
“I’ve been a member of AACN since 2004, and I started subscribing to the digital versions of the Journals last year. However, I didn’t like reading the articles on my laptop… So when I saw the AACN2Go app for iPad, I was so excited! It’s so convenient and I can read the journals anytime I want, wherever I want. The app works perfectly on my iPad and iPhone, and it has everything a critical care nurse needs to stay current on new practice alerts and research.” – Leah3RN, appato.com
“This is fantastic! I’ve only been in the ICU for 6 months and this has proven very valuable to me! Quick, concise info easily accessed and the information is very well organized! I really appreciate having the mixture and therapeutic doses at the top of the med pages! I highly recommend this app!! Especially for nurses new to critical care!!!” – JB RN, appato.com
“AACN2GO is an indespensible app for any critical care nurse at any level of practice. Within the app you have access to the abundance of resources available from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. Whether it’s the Critical Care Newsline, Practice Alerts, or the Patient/Family Conference Guide, AACN2GO is there to help you be a more informed critical care nurse. An added feature is access to the award-winning publications produced by AACN. Within the app you’re provided access to both Critical Care Nurse and the American Journal of Critical Care. Though it would be helpful if you could access these publications directly within the app, rather than opening the Safari browser, having the current and past issues of CCN and AJCC available through my iPhone and iPad is simply invaluable in helping provide safe, effective, and evidenced-based care to patients and families when they’re at their most vulnerable.” – ICUStat, appato.com
Learn more about the app:
- Quick-reference directives in the form of Practice Alerts will help you keep your practice up-to-date.
- Use the “Ask the Experts” feature to get answers to your day-to-day questions.
- Tons of resources at your fingertips with the weekly newsletter, AACN Critical Care Newsline.
- Have the American Journal of Critical Care and Critical Care Nurse in your pocket. It’s mobile device friendly!
- AACN Pocket Cards give you references for cardiac medications and help with patient-family conferences for the entire time you’re caring for them.
- AACN2Go Shop offers more options for clinical resources, in the form of “add-ons.”
- If all that wasn’t enough, the app includes a mobile-friendly link to the AACN website.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later.
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Compatible with Android 2.0 and up
- 3.5 out of 5 stars based on 37 ratings and 9 user reviews.
What do you think? Would you use an app like this? We’d love to hear what applications you’re currently using and loving. Please drop us a line in the comments and let us know a few of your favorites!