Over on our Facebook page, we’ve got a conversation brewing about the best nursing related phone apps. One of the nominees for best app is HIPPOmsg, which, according to its website, is “Transforming healthcare communication with a FREE secure HIPAA text messaging platform. HIPPOmsg facilitates instant communication between healthcare providers – inside and outside your practice.”
What nurses love about it:
“I was surprised that physicians shouldn’t text or email PHI. Hippomsg is the easiest alternative. It’s so quick and simple.” – Plastics nurse, New York via HIPPOmsg.com
“Hippomsg is easy and efficient. It makes communcation with the healthcare team instant and effortless.” – ICU Hospitalist, Virginia via HIPPOmsg.com
“Using HIPPOmsg is so much better than wasting time dealing with the hospital operator and paging system.” – Registered Nurse, Massachusetts via HIPPOmsg.com
Watch the video showcasing how it works:
Learn more about the app:
- Created by physicians for your use — both the website and app are free!
- Communicate PHI in an instant on a tablet, smartphone, or PC
- HIPAA expert examined and evaluated
- Registered healthcare professionals can be reached in an instant
- HIPAA is enforced by the Office of Civil Rights, a division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. In 2009 with enactment of the HITECH (Health Information in Technology for Economic and Clinical Health) Act, the maximum penalty per HIPAA violation was increased to $1.5 million. Since early 2011 there have been numerous large fines and penalties levied on health care providers, institutions, and health insurance carriers.
- Texting protected health information (PHI) is illegal! HIPPOmsg allows for secure texting for doctors, medical students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and licensed independent practitioners.
What do you think? Would you use an app like this? We’d love to hear what applications you’re currently using and loving. Please drop us a line in the comments and let us know a few of your favorites!