Over on our Facebook page, we’ve got a conversation brewing about the best nursing related phone apps. One of the nominees for best app is WebMD, which, according to its website, “makes it easy for you to browse slide shows, read articles, and find the answers to your health and wellness questions–and that’s not all! Check out mobile-only tools like Local Health Forecasts that provide you with the severity of pollen, the harshness of UV rays, and more–all based on your location!”
What nurses love about it:
“As good as the original site. Lots of ways to personalize and save your favorites. Best app of its kind.” – Kim Stanford Henderson, Google Play reviews
“Love how easy it is to search and view a wealth of information about health. Symptom checker is a great first resource before seeing a doctor. Lovely app.” – Emily Warfield, Google Play Reviews
“Very through and comprehensive. No major/minor flaws that I have found. Wish they had 6 *so I could justifiably rate higher.” – A Google User, Google Play Reviews
Learn more about the app:
- WebMD Symptom Checker: Select symptoms and view possible conditions.
- Conditions: Find medically reviewed information about conditions relevant to your patients and learn more about causes, treatments, and related symptoms.
- Use the database to find information about drugs, vitamins and more.
- Need to do some first aid? Don’t have internet? Not a problem with the First Aid Essentials tool.
- Identify pills by shape, color and imprint.
- Find the closest health care professionals based on ZIP code!
- Available for: Android, iPad, iPhone and Kindle Fire
- Download it for free
- Have access to entire WebMD site from the app
- Use your own account to save information
- Updated recently
- iPhone 5 and iOS 6 support
What do you think? Would you use an app like this? We’d love to hear what applications you’re currently using and loving. Please drop us a line in the comments and let us know a few of your favorites!