Thinkstock | Fotosmurf03 + Scrubs
I have some suggestions for gifts I think every nurse would appreciate for Nurses Week. Here are two major ones (you can thank me later!):
A real lunch break
- You know, the kind of lunch break that involves leaving the nursing unit, or even leaving the premises all together. The kind where you actually taste your meal instead of inhaling it on the go. Maybe even a full hour-long lunch so we could enjoy the food we eat and take our time getting back on shift.
IOU: A time out
- A certificate that allows you the ability to just call a time out. I’m talking stopping everything, putting your hands in the air and taking a “Calgon moment.” No explanation necessary, just produce the IOU. We should be able to use this IOU whenever the need arises. You could even put an expiration date on it, although I doubt it would take long to use this one up.
Here are a few more random ideas for gifts:
- A valet ticket for parking
- A free lunch (or more than one)
- IOU: One time you get to leave work early
- IOU: One time you get to come to work late
- IOU: One request for a new pot of coffee be made (when the pot is empty)
- IOU: One admission paperwork completion
- IOU: A free breakfast
Don’t get me wrong, I’m always appreciative of the recognition, but I think if we’re going to celebrate all things nursing, then the gifts should be worth the year-long wait!!
Any other suggestions? What would be a great gift for you this Nurses Week?