Official Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO legal residentS of, and currently residing WITHin, the 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“d.c.”) WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: This giveaway is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Capella University and Strategic Partners, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Sweepstakes, and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such employee, director, and officer, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or partake in a prize.. The giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the giveaway. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsors: Strategic Partners, Inc., 9800 De Soto Avenue, Chatsworth, CA, 91311, U.S.A and Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South 6th Street, 9th Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
- Timing and Notification: Giveaway begins at 12:00 am PST on August 15, 2016 and ends at 11:59 pm PST August 30, 2016. Winners will be chosen and notified on or about 5:00 pm PST on September 5, 2016 via the email address provided in the giveaway entry. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the giveaway.
- Drawing: On or about September 5, 2016, the Administrator will randomly select two (2) winner from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Limit: one (1) prize per person/household/email address. You are not a winner until your eligibility has been verified, and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of these Official Rules. Prizes will be shipped to winners at the addresses provided at time of entry within 6-8 weeks. Sponsor is not responsible for change of mailing address. Prizes will be sent only upon verification by Administrator that all the Sweepstakes requirements have been met by the winners. Failure of a potential winner to comply with the above prize claim requirements for any reason, or the return of any prize as undeliverable, or the determination that a potential winner is ineligible to receive a prize, may result in forfeiture of the prize and result in an alternate winner being selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Prizes: Two winners will each win one (1) painting [Need to be more specific regarding the paintings ARV of each painting is $450, Total ARV of all Prizes: is $900. Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalent will be made except as provided herein or at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners must comply with these Official Rules. If Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the giveaway and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the giveaway.4
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.8.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the giveaway constitutes each entrant’s consent and grant of rights to Sponsors and their with respect to the use of entrant’s name, entry, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state (and/or province) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the giveaway, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating, entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if Sponsor suspects or finds entrant to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, the Administrator, Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives. If Sponsor or Administrator suspects that an entrant has engaged in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, the entrant will be contacted as soon as practicable. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor also reserves the right to cancel the giveaway for lack of qualified entries.
- Limitations of Liability: Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) late, lost, stolen, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete entries, transmissions or transactions, those that are altered or otherwise irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Rules; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by, or in any way related to the awarded Prize or the Sweepstakes itself; (iv) failure of the Website or any operations or transmission of information during the Sweepstakes Period, including, without limitation, any problems, human or technical, errors, lost, delayed, garbled or corrupted data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or transmission lines, technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material connected to the Sweepstakes, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (v) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, without limitation, printing or advertising errors or the failure of or problems with any equipment or programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes howsoever caused; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; (vii) any claims regarding the accepting, arranging, awarding or use of the Prize; or (viii) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), or to amend the Official Rules, at any time, in any way, and without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, including should any virus, worm, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination, Sponsor may conduct the drawing at random from among all eligible, non-suspect Sweepstakes entries received up to time of such action for this Sweepstakes. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the giveaway, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- Email opt-in: Your entry automatically opts you in to receive emails about retail promotions and discounts relating to medical apparel from Strategic Partners and our partners. You will be able to opt out of these mailings at any time by selecting the link within the individual email message(s).
- Winner List: For a list of the winners at the conclusion of the giveaway, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope by July 31, 2016 to Strategic Partners, Inc., ATTN: 2016 Classroom Retailer Survey Sweepstakes, 9800 De Soto Avenue, Chatsworth, CA 91311