Truth time: Every nurse has had at least one shift that has made her wonder what possessed her to become a nurse in the first place!
But when the going gets tough, a little inspiration—or humor—can be the perfect reminder of just how awesome you and your profession really are. And there’s no quicker or better way to get that much-needed reminder than through a quote or two about nursing!
We asked our Facebook fans for their favorite nursing quotes; check out their funny, inspiring responses and let us know your fave in the comments section below.
Our top 10 favorite quotes on nursing
1. “A nurse’s blood type? Coffee.”
2. “Behind every good nurse…is a hallway full of blinking call lights she just answered.”
3. “We cannot all do great things, only small things with great love.” —Mother Teresa. This quote was in a card in the pocket of my lab coat that was bestowed upon me at a “White Coat” ceremony in nursing school. It is now on my desk at work as a constant reminder.
4. “Our patients don’t get in the way of our work—they ARE our work.”
5. “If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are ALIVE to read this, thank a nurse!”
6. “The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow; do good anyway!” I think of this quote all the time while working!
—Danielle Louque Yenuganti
7. “Nursing: The toughest job you’ll ever love.”
8. “Doctors save lives; nurses save doctors.”
—Erica Clark Coyle
9. “Nursing: It’s not what you do; it’s what you are!”
10. “Nursing is love made visible.”
What’s your favorite quote about nursing?