If I had a quarter for every time I heard any of these, I could retire!!
1. “I want the doctor to do it.” I promise you, you do not. They probably started one in medical school and it was most likely a disaster.
2. “I have rolling veins.” Everyone does. That is what traction is for.
3. “Don’t go there, it will hurt.” Newsflash. It is a needle. It will hurt. If you tell me where to put your IV I will probably miss. The jury is out on whether or not I will miss on purpose.
4. “Are you any good at this?” Like I would tell you ‘no.’
5. “I have terrible veins.” People who say this usually have a big fat juicy vein right in the antecubital space.