To saying that nursing is a stressful career path is a bit of an understatement. While you’ll certainly have good days, many days will be filled with too many patients and too few bathroom breaks. You might have cranky coworkers, cranky doctors or, heck, even cranky fellow nurses!
You may have slept like a baby and feel like a real rock star when you walk into the hospital, but with all the different people you have to deal with on an average shift, it’s impossible to know how you’ll feel walking out…so we’ve rounded up our top tips for dealing with stress on the job.
WHAT CAUSES STRESS
- #1 cause of nurses stress
- Most stressful thing about being a nurse
- #1 reason nurses leave the job
- 5 symptoms your body has had enough
HOW TO RELIEVE STRESS
- Why stress matters
- Stress busters
- Recipe for stress relief
- At-work stress relief exercises
- 18 lessons in stress management
- Take control of stress
In the comments below, give us your top suggestions for conquering stress at work!