More Award Winners
To round things off, here are five nurses who have won awards this year for excellence in their field and achievements that went above and beyond the call of duty:
- Nancy Dube won the Outstanding State School Nurse Consultant Achievement Award for her work in supporting school nurses and school health programs in Maine.
- Marilyn Chow, vice president of National Patient Care Services at Kaiser Permanente, was recognized by Nurse.com for innovation and leadership in the field of nursing.
- Loretta Ford, cofounder of the nurse practitioner movement, was inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame.
- Lisa Baxter won the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses by demonstrating unfailing kindness and compassion despite hospital “rules.”
- Lillie Shockney, administrative director of Johns Hopkins Avon Foundation Breast Center, won the 2011 Amazing Nurses contest for her advocacy in improving care for breast cancer patients worldwide.
Do you know of a nurse who deserves recognition? Share your kudos by nominating them for an Inspired Comfort Award.