Just in case you were wondering, here are a few things on what being a male nurse IS about:
- You have to earn everything you think you deserve.
- You will have patients who are just not comfortable having a male nurse take care of them. It’s not a conspiracy against you are the entire male nurse working force, it’s just the patient not feeling comfortable. Try being the patient once. You’ll understand it more clearly.
- Due to society’s traditional legacy, yes, you will be mistaken for a doctor. Be sure to correct them and explain why.
- No one who comes across your path cares about you being a male, what they do care about is how you care.
- The minute you stop acting like a ‘male’ nurse is the minute they stop treating you as such.