Rehab nurses, it’s safe to say, have “seen some things.”
Here are 10 ways you can tell you’re a rehab nurse.
10. The word “stool” makes you think “poop” not “chair.”
9. You lift a heavy patient without thinking twice about calling for help.
8. You think of yourself as an exercise instructor because you perform so much range of motion.
7. Your tracheostomy doesn’t freak you out. A yanker? Your best friend.
6. All your patients have black and blue marks on their bellies from so many Lovenox/Heparin injections.
5. You catheterize more patients than you take to the bathroom.
4. You don’t take a physically aggressive brain injury patient’s violence personally.
3. You know what KAFO, AFO, WHO, PRAFO and TLSO mean.
2. Colace, Senokot-S, Dulcolax suppository and Fleet enemas are always stocked in the med room.
1. All your patients have moved the bowels during the bowel program.
This list is by Nicole Matthys, RN, BSN.