Recently, many of you participated in scrubsmag.com’s “You Know You’re a Nurse When…” stethoscope giveaway contest. Although we were only able to pick four winners, many entries were so good that we wanted to share others.
Many of you suggested ways to know you’re a student nurse. Here are some of our favorites.
You know you’re a student nurse when…
1. You’re so focused on studying for the NCLEX that you put the milk in the pantry and the cereal in the refrigerator!
—Holly Caswell, GPN
2. You have all this studying to do and you still have a smile on your face, knowing in the end it will be well worth the wait.
—Peggy Toth, Student Nurse
3. Your three-year-old refers to parts of her anatomy as “conjunctiva and mandible” with proper pronunciation!
—Crystal Stocking, Student Nurse
4. You would rather take hemoccult samples than write another care plan!
5. You know you’re a nursing student when you have dreams at night that you are in clinical.
—Randi Saucier, Student Nurse
6. You’re learning how to give a really good report in clinical and automatically start giving them to your husband before leaving the house regarding kids, pets, bills…!
—Jennifer Ledbetter, Student Nurse
7. No matter what advice someone asks for, you feel programmed to reply, “Early ambulation!!!”
8. You can’t afford to put gas in your car because no one wants to hire a new grad because you don’t have a year of experience.
9. The semester finally ends and you feel like you ran a marathon, up the side of a mountain, backwards, with your eyes closed….