Nurses Take LA
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Nurses Take LA (the “Contest”) is open only to licensed nurses that are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Strategic Partners, Inc., its vendors and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Strategic Partners, Inc., 9800 De Soto Avenue, Chatsworth, CA, 91311, U.S.A including Infinity by Cherokee Uniforms.
3. Timing: Contest begins on May 6, 2019 and ends on May 12, 2019 at 11:59pm PT.
How to Enter: Entrant must complete the online entry form at scrubsmag.com/infinity-giveaway and provide their name, phone number and email address. Entrants will also be asked to complete a survey. Entry is free. Only one entry per person for the entire Contest. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Sponsor will select winners in a random drawing on 20th May 2019 from all of the valid entries received. Winner will be notified by email and/or phone and will have five (5) business day to confirm acceptance of the prize or an alternate winner will be selected.
5. Prizes: One (1) prize will be awarded. The prize winner will be given one (1) round trip flight to Los Angeles for them and two (2) travel companions (who must also be licensed nurses) originating from the airport closest to the prize winner’s home in the US, two (2) nights’ accommodations in the ‘ScrubsMag Pad’ in Los Angeles. Transfers to and from the airport to the ‘the House’ as well as other Sponsor planned activities will be included. Other expenses, e.g., meals and/or transportation for non-Sponsored planned activities are not included. The winner and either or both travel companions will also participate in a photoshoot and will receive a gift of medical apparel (1 set of scrubs, 1 pair of shoes, 1 pair of compression socks and 1 stethoscope for each of the three people) from Sponsor’s inventory. Estimated value of prize is $4,000. Winner must complete travel before December 23, 2019. Dates of travel subject to availability based solely on Sponsor’s determination. If winner is unable to travel on dates available, the prize will be forfeited and no other compensation will be provided. If winner lives within 150 miles of Los Angeles, ground transportation will be provided. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, baggage fees, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companions will be required to execute a Release of Liability/Publicity Release prior to departure. Winner and travel companions must travel at the same time and on the same itinerary. Winner and travel companions are required to have all necessary travel documents. If a prize-related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Sponsor, their sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize. All prizes shall be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, offered by Sponsor. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Any such substitution is not guaranteed and is at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities, as well as any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner may be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification). Prize will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules.
6. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR. SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE ADMINISTRATION, OPERATION, SELECTION OF THE WINNERS AND OTHER MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. POTENTIAL WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO DEMONSTRATE THAT THEY ARE A LICENSED NURSE.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) (collectively, the “Affidavit”) by the date specified by Sponsor, or an alternate potential winner may be selected. In the event a: (a) potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted or the potential winner notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable; (b) potential winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize for any reason; (c) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (d) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, (e) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification and Affidavit procedures in connection with the selection of alternate potential winner, if any.
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s consent and grant of rights to Sponsor and its agents with respect to the use of entrant’s name, entry, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state (and/or province) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor also reserves the right to cancel the Contest for lack of qualified entries.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. (7) Short term insurance for travel and stay in accommodation will be provided by sponsor. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
14. Email opt-in: We require your email address to notify you whether you have won. You may opt in to receive further information from our 3rd party sponsors. You will be able to opt out from receiving further information from our main Sponsor (Strategic Partners and Infinity by Cherokee Uniforms).
15. Winner List: For a list of the winner at the conclusion of the contest, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope by July 31, 2019 to Strategic Partners, Inc., ATTN: 2019 Nurses Take LA, 9800 De Soto Avenue, Chatsworth, CA 91311