When we published “14 things I wish my patients knew!” we knew you’d have some additions for our list. And you certainly had some great ones!
Below, find 10 funny entries from nurses on our Facebook page. These certainly weren’t all of the great thoughts you had, so also be sure to peruse the rest of the list. We know you’ll have some of your own to add, as well!
10 more things nurses wish their patients knew
1. Oh NO we are not just sitting “playing on the computer,” we are charting every detail of your mental, physical and emotional well-being over and over and over.
2. It’s not me hurting you…it’s the needle.
3. No, you didn’t wake me up. I do not sleep during my night shift.
4. This is a hospital, not a hotel. I am not here to get visitors food or drink or blankets. Please, visitors, keep your shoes on, stay off the bed, and no, I don’t have anything for your headache.
5. Your pain is not a 12 if you are snoring or I have to wake you up to ask.
6. Doctors don’t make rounds on a specific schedule at the hospital.
7. We don’t get paid nearly as much as you think and most of us are underpaid!
8. No, you cannot have morphine for your headache.
9. You are not the only person I am taking care of tonight.
–Linda M Bennett
10. Yes, I’m married. Yes, I’m married happily. Yes, that nurse is married as well, happily. This is not a dating service.
–Barbara Reed Hunter