We all know them. We’ve all worked with them. And I’m willing to bet if you’ve been a nurse for more than a handful of years, you may have experienced that doom-like feeling of being burned out.
You could probably use a pick-me-up. We all could once in a while. Here are some inspirational quotes to lift your mood after a tough moment or shift.
18 inspirational quotes for burned-out nurses
1. “After all, tomorrow is another day.” (Scarlett O’Hara, Gone with the Wind)
2. Today, you’re not the patient.
3. “Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.” (Jawaharlal Nehru)
4. “I think we should follow a simple rule: If we can take the worst, take the risk.” (Dr. Joyce Brothers)
5. “A door must either be shut or open.” (Anonymous)
6. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
7. “In not making the decision, you’ve made one. Not doing something is the same as doing it.” (Ivan Bloch)
8. “Trust your gut.” (Barbara Walters)
9. “Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.” (Albert Schweitzer)
10. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
11. “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.” (Karen Kaiser Clark)
12. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” (Anonymous)
13. “You will miss 100% of the shots you do not take.” (Wayne Gretzky)
14. Happiness is a choice.
15. “When everything has to be right, something isn’t.” (Stanislaw Lee)
16. “Better to bend than break.” (English proverb)
17. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” (Wayne Dyer)
18. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
Care to add to the list? What inspiring words do you have for a fellow nurse who needs them?
For more Inspiration and Stories pick up the latest issue of Scrubs magazine, available at a retail store near you!