Special nurse days in September!
There’s nothing quite like September—the days start getting cooler, the kids head off to school, and the leaves start changing colors and dropping to the world below. September is also exciting because it’s chock-full of celebrations for nurses! Check out these special nurse days for you to acknowledge—then go get yourself a bouquet of pens to celebrate!
- September 1, 1872: The New England Hospital for Women and Children admitted its first class.
- September 14, 1879: Margaret Sanger was born.
- September 22, 1969: The American Association of Cardiovascular Nurses (AACN) was formed.
- September 30, 1966: Congress authorized regular Army commissions for male nurses.
Circle these dates
- September 9–15: National Nephrology Nurses Week
- September 9–15: National Assisted Living Week
- September 15: National Neonatal Nurses Day
- September 16–22: National Rehabilitation Awareness Week
- September 26: Women’s Health and Fitness Day
September is also:
Articles you might enjoy:
- Top 10 reasons to love being a NICU nurse
- 20 health and safety tips for frazzled nurses
- Top 5 places to look for jobs (outside the hospital)