Are you stuck hanging blood and plasma? Right. It must be lunch time! The life of an ICU nurse is captured in this top ten list.Â
You know you’re an ICU nurse when…
10. You dread the new resident rotation.
9. You’re used to not using the bathroom in a 12-hour shift.
8. You tell the resident what orders to write.
7. You eat in between hanging blood and plasma.
6. You don’t have a medical degree, but you know the diagnosis and treatment for your patient.
5. You’re there when the code 99 is over before the doctor gets to the room.
4. You’re not afraid to stand up to anyone.
3. Your job is stressful and all you’re afraid of is the thought of cutting people’s hair.
2. You develop really sick humor.
1. You go in to work for your shift and you’re not overwhelmed—it is what it is.
This list is by Sonja Molyneux, RN.